Saturday, November 25, 2006

Another Christmas FO!

After what feels like forever knitting these, they are FINALLY finito! As much as I love knitting with teeny tiny fingering weight sock yarn, when you have a to-do Christmas knitting pile a 1/2 mile high - well, it's just not fun!

All stress aside, I really do love the way they turned out. Very tiny little stitches and the yarn is going to be warm and easy to care for. I do hope he likes loves them!

With this pair complete it's only 1 more pair to go. That is if I don't decide to make my Dad a pair too. The last pair I made him for Father's day a couple years ago he keeps for "best". I can't seem to get him to wear them more. Telling him how many hours they take to make only enforces his rule...Ah well, at least he likes and wears them.

The stats on these puppies:
Yarn used: Scheepjes Invicta Extra - 75% wool 25% nylon
Gauge: 40 stitches by 28 rows = 4"
Amount: about 1 and 1/3 balls at ~230 yards a piece
Needles: #2 DPs
Pattern: "Classic Socks for the Family" by Yankee Knitter Designs


A little closeup shot for yah...

1 comment:

  1. Love the socks... perfect xmas gift..fingering weight yarn takes a while to work up... but once the project is completed its a beautiful thing.

    ReplyDelete