Saturday, February 17, 2007

It's a tad bit quiet 'round here...

Well...I have a good reason for that. I swear!

LoomKnittingDesigns has MOVED! Alright...not LoomKnittingDesigns exactly....but the designer/owner. I (and Greg, and the cat) have moved 2,000 miles across the country from Boulder, CO to Boston, MA!

I know, I know. You're shocked! Who in their right mind just packs up everything and moves 2,000 miles away! WHO!

Well...me. Twice in the past 5 years, in fact.

And let me tell you - I HATE MOVING!

This move was easier then the last big one, though. We packed everything ourselves and rented a Penske truck and drove. This may sound harder...but believe me...it was much easier! The last move was done in like 2 days. There was a moving company involved and a job on the other end that just couldn't have us there fast enough. Not good!

This one was more leisurely. There was a job on this end, too. And they also wanted me there PRONTO...but they also understood that we were moving all the way across country. We were able to get an apartment prior to packing up and were able to save money by hauling our car behind the truck instead of shipping it. Much better!

Anywho...I thought I needed to post and let everyone know I'm still alive and knitting. I haven't been able to touch my Bed of Roses shawl in quite some time....but, I am dragging out an old project to finish it up. This one was started after Christmas in 2005! I do try to finish things before I start other things...but this one was put down and never picked up again. Now that we're in Boston and the weather is bitingly colder, I need this project just to stay warm.


It's a Power Scarf that I am making on the needles. This one is made with a twist, however. Instead of the same amount of wraps for the dropstitches every time, I'm varying them in a pattern as I go. The first row has one wrap, the second has two wraps, the third has three wraps and then I go back down. The fourth has two and the fifth has one. Then I am repeating this for the length of the scarf.

This version of the Power Scarf can be made on the looms as well. Just vary the wraps on the pegs as described and it will do the same thing.

The main reason I need to finish this is I don't have a scarf that matches my coat. I'm wearing one of Greg's and his neck is cold! Since it's almost done, I can probably get Greg back into his warm scarf by the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment