Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Another WIP spotlight

Second in my spotlight on my WIPS for 2011 is my "Recycled Ropes & Picots" cardigan. The last progress I made on this was October of 2009. It's a fun project and I'm excited to have it finished some day soon.


I Haven't much more progress then what is shown above. The two fronts shown in this picture are finished and I have about 5 inches of both sleeves done. While the pattern calls for full length sleeves, I'm making mine 1/2 length. Partly because mine is a summer weight yarn, partly because I'm afraid I'll run out of yarn, and partly just because I'm more partial to shorter sleeves on sweaters and shirts. This is my first recycled yarn project so I'm worried I didn't estimate the amount of yarn correctly. I think that may be way it's languishing in my WIP pile...fear of failure.

My goal for 2011 is to at least finish the sleeves on this bad boy....finishing in time to wear it in the spring or early fall would be fabulous.  So much to knit, so little time.

No comments:

Post a Comment