Sunday, November 22, 2009

Lace and Bulk

As I mentioned in my last post, I'm on a mission to make myself more scarves and use up some of my single skein stash. The Strangling Vine Lace scarf was my first...now I've added a couple cowls. Cowls are so easy and quick. With these two I've used up 3 skeins of left over stash.

The first cowl I made from a pattern. It's a super simple ribbed lace weight, close fitting bit of awesomeness. I had super soft lace weight left over from from the Seraphim shawl. Yarn so soft I knew it would make a great cowl...super cozy.

The Stats:
Yarn: Elann Peruvian Baby Silk
Colorway: Abergine
Needles: size 7 Denise circulars
Pattern: Cashmere Cowl by the Purl Bee




The second is a cowl I made up. I had a single skein of Super Bulky yarn and I wanted a bulky weight cowl. Lots of texture, big enough to be somewhat close fitting but open up enough to be worn loosely. I took ideas from a bunch of patterns on Ravelry and put them together for "A Bit of Bulk" Cowl. I like it but will have to try it out in the Boston winter to really see. I added ties to either side so it can be worn open or tied close.

The Stats:
Yarn: Lion Brand Thick & Quick
Needles: size 15 Denise Circulars
Pattern: My own experiment


No comments:

Post a Comment