Saturday, March 17, 2007

WIP: My Brea bag

Remember how I said a couple posts ago that I wanted to make the Brea bag? Well, after finishing the very large Bed of Roses shawl project, I needed to make something quicker.

So here's my Brea being blocked. Well, actually, it's only part of it. I didn't get enough yarn to make the gusset that goes between the two halves, so I'll need to make a trip to the local yarn shop to get another ball. Thankfully it'll look OK with a different dye lot as it'll be just for the gusset and not too noticeable if it fades differently.

So I've completed the front and back pieces. These are the most complicated so I'd estimate I only have a couple hours tops left on it. The gusset is done in moss stitch with a little decreasing and increasing. And then, of course, I still have to sew all the parts together...the part I hate the most about finishing a project! But this one is it shouldn't take long.

The Brea pattern is well written and easy to follow. I'd definitely make it again! I'm actually thinking it would make a nice gift or two at Christmas.

With the weather here in Boston being so dreary pictures of the Brea are a little drabber then usual. The color in the pictures looks grey, but it's actually a quite nice light icey blue. Here are a few more of the pinned out knitting:

1 comment:

  1. I saw this pattern sometime last year and didn't think much of it. But I really like the yarn/color you've chosen. It's beautiful!