Monday, April 24, 2006

New Mini Handbag Pattern



Well, after being so busy I finally had a chance to sit down and do some looming this weekend. I taught a class at Michael's but then came home and I came up with a new pattern for a Mini Handbag. I love small handbags and this one will soon be a staple in my collection I can tell. Take a look at the finished design here - it's on the homepage of my site and on the top of my patterns page. What do you think? You like it?

The finished stats are:
Size:
without handles it measures 9.5 inches across by 4 .75 inches deep
Yarn: 2 strands held together of Bernat Soft Boucle or 2 strands of any other bulky weight yarn.
Loom: I used the Knifty Knitter Green loom, but any round or rake with at least 30 pegs will do the trick.
The handles: Joann Essentials wooden black "ring style" handles. I got them at Joann Fabrics.
Approximate time to complete: 4 hours (give or take)
Techniques used: cast on, flat panel technique, e-wrap stitch, increasing, and decreasing. Instructions are given for increasing and decreasing and how to shape the bag and sew on the handles.

-----
UPDATE: I took some more photos of the finished bag. Scroll down to see them...



2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:09 AM

    How adorable! I'm going to make one for each of the moms in my life for mother's day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:20 AM

    The first picture made me think it
    has a zipper! Even without a zipper,
    I would like to make this bag. My
    question is, can I make a bigger one
    using 40 pegs and the pattern I will
    buy from you or is the pattern too
    complicated to just increase it like that?

    Is the texture from the yarn or is
    it from the stitches?

    Thanks for having a pattern site
    for the KK.

    Darcy

    ReplyDelete