Sunday, April 09, 2006

Hand knitting update...

For the past few weeks I've been working on some small projects - biding my time until I can begin a sweater for one of the loom group members. Since I can't stand to be without a knitting project small things like socks and baby shoes keep me occupied without a lot of commitment. A large project like a sweater, especially when its not for me and someone is paying for my knitting, takes up most of my knitting time. So, these couple things I made in the mean time are now up on Etsy.com. Hopefully they'll bring in a little extra $$ this month.

The socks on the left are 100% wool. Made from Paton's merino wool that they now carry in Michaels (YEAH!). The cuffs, heels, and toes are made from a dusty blue color and the body is alternating stipes of dusty blue and blue and white tweed. I love the way they came out. I'm also loving using two colors for socks.

The infant shoes below are made with 100% coton Patons Grace yarn. I've always wanted to try the yarn since it has a beautiful sheen to it. One skein isn't a lot of commitment and these shoes came out nice with it. I'd definitely use the yarn again on a larger project.

They are an ankle strap style with a little purple button on the strap. I think they are adorable- but we'll see how they sell.


Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. those infant shoes are adorable! very very inventive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:14 AM

    You're right, the two colors in the socks looks great. I also adore those booties. Did you design the pattern? So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the baby booties........what pattern did you use? The socks are nice, too and I'm thrilled to see they carry a sock yarn at Michael's. I'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pattern I used is actually out of a 1945 pattern book that a yarn company that is now out of business published. I updated it a bit to make it current for todays fashion - but pretty much intact as was printed.

    Thanks for all the compliments - and sorry I've been absent for so long! :)

    ReplyDelete