Sunday, January 20, 2008

Progress on the Central Park Hoodie

My Central Park Hoodie is coming along nicely. I have the back and the two fronts done. I cast on for the sleeves last night before going to bed. I have about 3 inches done on the ribbing for the sleeve cuffs.

I love how its coming out. Even while working both fronts at once I had no problem working the armhole and neck line shaping while still holding the cabling pattern. I love that the pattern is written with the right and left front pattern instructions written side by side and lined up across the page. I'm assuming they did this on purpose since it's too brilliant to be an accident. (kudos to Knitscene pattern writers!).

I went ahead and ordered an extra skein of yarn to accommodate all the extra length I added. I was getting worried as I did the back that I wasn't going to have enough. I think I'll be OK now...but I'm also keeping my fingers crossed. That hood looks like it could take an awful lot of yarn to finish. If it gets too close I may have to just add a collar instead of the whole hood. That would be a test of my needle knits design skills. I'm sure it's totally doable but something I haven't really tried before. A collar's not that hard..right?

No comments:

Post a Comment