The Central Park Hoodie from the Fall 2006 issue of Knitscene is what is now on my needles. I finished the back of the sweater yesterday and I've cast on for both of the fronts.
So far the pattern is easy to follow and well written. Not too difficult to follow while watching TV or while I'm chatting it up at my stitch 'n bitch group. But, it's also challenging enough to be interesting - the cable repeats are just enough to keep me engaged.
I am lengthening the body by 3 inches, however. The original pattern was written for only 14 inches long from bottom to arm pit...this number was way too short for me. So, with this lengthening I am getting a bit concerned that I didn't purchase enough yarn. I wrote an email to the yarn shop in Maine where I got the yarn from (Seaport Yarn) and thankfully they had another skein left in the same dye lot. I ordered it right there on the spot. Of course it made me panic a little more when she told me that that color had been discontinued. Ugh...I hope I'll have enough yarn!
I'm also checking my mail every day for a package from the Socks That Rock Club. They aren't even starting to ship things out yet and I'm waiting anxiously. Just the part about getting yarn in the mail all year is thoroughly exciting! Can't wait!