Thursday, November 30, 2006

Baby, it's cold outside...

I haven't left the house in 3 days. This is doable since I freelance and can work from home if I want to. It's freezing here in Boulder. After a quick Googling - it's 3 degrees right now. BRRRRRRRRR

Sure, it looks all warm and sunny out. Colorado is weird like that...it always looks beautiful until you step outside. Then you'll never know what you'll find. This is the view out our back sun room this morning. You can see from the chair on the porch that we got a tad bit of snow. Over a foot to be exact.

I actually love snow. I'm from Maine originally. We actually don't get enough here in CO for me. I love those long winters where you get snow upon snow upon snow from December through March. And it stays through the winter - not a blade of brown grass to be seen! Here in Boulder you'll get a large snow storm like this one and then it'll be gone by the next day. Then it'll be warm and sunny and like 70 degrees for a few weeks. Yep, Boulder weather isn't my cup of tea...

So, besides freezing my behind off, I've been knitting - of course! I've made spectacular progress on those socks I showed last time. 1 sock down and less then 1 to go. WooHoo!

Unfortunately I think I'll be making a pair for my Dad, too. That means I have one more pair to make this year. His will be thicker, though. I don't think I have the patience to knit another pair in fingering weight yarn. The thought makes me want to poke my eyes out with those tiny little needles I've been using. *shudder


I've also been working on the looms. I had a customer ask me about a pattern for a pair of Mary Jane's using the blue Knifty Knitter loom. Well I didn't know of one and even searched to see if one existed. I couldn't find one...So, as I usually do I set out to make my own pattern. I really like how they came out. I think I may have supplanted the Scuffies as my favorite. What do you think?

The pattern is almost ready and will be posted to LoomKnittingDesigns this Friday. So stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment