Sunday, January 18, 2009

Overdue post for Christmas Knitting Booty

I received many knitting related items for Christmas this year.  The most inspiring of which were the additions of a few books to my library. All three were on my list:

  1. A Gathering of Lace by Meg Swansen is full of gorgeous lace projects. Most are rather intimidating looking (and require gobs of yarn), but I will eventually tackle something...
  2. Knitted flowers by Nicky Epstein has all kinds of knitted flowers for embellishing on knitted things. I've made a few felted bags this year that I wanted to add to a basic pattern and couldn't find hardly any free flower patterns. There are several in there that I want to try.
  3. Inspired to Knit by Michele Rose Orne...I just about want to make everything in it. The title is very apt...
I also had my Mom make me some small knitting bags that I can take with me in my handbag for knitting on the subway and while traveling. I got the idea online in an Etsy store. My family likes to hand make as many gifts as possible, and this was an "easy" one for my mom the seamstress. By the time I left after Christmas she had made me three!

Oddly enough I didn't get any gift certificates or magazine subscriptions this year. My aunt, however, did give me a card with $20 in it and the inscription "Now go buy some yarn and make me something. ha ha" - which by default goes in the knitting gifts category. I haven't bought any yarn with it, yet... technically.

While in Maine I also went to check out a new knitting shop (not new really...just new to me). It's called the KnitWit Yarn Shop. It's a cute shop and the owner (well, I assume it's the owner) was very friendly and helpful. I bought a couple of skeins of Cascade 220  - not sure what I'll make with them but I wanted to support the LYS.  Plus it's Cascade 220...who can't find some use for that? 

Thanks all for my knitting booty!

No comments:

Post a Comment