Sunday, April 06, 2008

Wire Knit Ring - my experiment

For Christmas this past year I made a bead crochet necklace for my mom. I had seen wire knit and beaded wire knit jewelry but I've never given it a try. I got a itch to give it a try this morning since I had wire and (obviously) plenty of knitting needles.

I sort of like what I came up with. The result is slightly flexible and light and airy to wear. I'm not sure how durable it is...I plan on wearing it a while and see how it holds up. I looked up wire knits on Etsy and came up with a few items. Most are beaded but use large chunky beads. Since I don't like chunky rings, I think I would need to use tiny seed beads in order to not add a lot of bulk. I also thought maybe only adding beads at the top part so the sides and bottom would not get too bulky. I think I'll be experimenting a bit more with these...

No comments:

Post a Comment