Saturday, May 05, 2007

Knitting interest on the interwebs

While surfing around my usual interwebs knitting sites I discovered a mention of a new (not totally open yet) online knitting community. It's called Ravelry. I'll be keeping an eye out for when it becomes public. It looks like it will be a good place for fiber arts knowledge sharing. I signed up for their notify list so I'll let you know... In the mean time, find out more about it here.

I also found another beautiful example of spool knitting. As I've mentioned before, I've never tried this type of knitting... but I'm slowly gathering inspiration to start. This post is right up my alley. If I try spool knitting, this would be what I'd experiment with. Beaded knitting and crochet has always sort of fascinated me - so why not try it with spool knitting. I think I need me a fine gauge spool knitter... (This spool knitting pic is taken by the "own two Hands" blog). Check out her latest posts on the spool knit beaded cuff bracelet. Gorgeous!

One last little find over at whipup.org. These pics are really cool. Since I am so close to New York City now, I may just have to take a weekend trip to see this exhibit.

1 comment:

  1. I just love that beaded cuff bracelet. You have me thinking now, I have to add this to some little projects of mine too. I love it.

    Thank you for sharing!

    Dora Renee' Wilkerson

    ReplyDelete