So that package I received was, actually, not that impressive. I loved the pattern at first sight, but the yarn wound as it came was just sort of blah. Here's what I found when I opened my package:
The yarn looked OK here. But when I opened it up to put on my swift I was sort of bummed. Big chunks of pink, green, cream, and purple. Not really interesting. However, after I wound it into a ball and starting knitting I immediately loved it. I can see how it works with the pattern sent so perfectly!
So, a week and a half after I started knitting I'm finished with the socks. The pattern is called Rogue Roses and it's designed by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee. Here's the stats and then some pics of the finished socks:
Pattern: Rogue Roses
Needles: #2 circulars
Yarn: Blue Moon Fiber Arts Mediumweight
Color: Gertrude Skein
Notes: I didn't make any changes to the pattern and they came out great!